Every home owner wants their interior to stand out. Nothing can beat the feeling of making guests jealous by an impressive and appealing home décor. One of the most important elements of any room is the flooring. If the floors are shabby and worn out, no décor can make that particular room stand out, no matter how much effort you give in decorating the room. Today, most of the interior decorators choose tiles over other flooring options and there are multiple reasons behind it.
And if you are worried about its availability, then I must tell you that there are a lot of companies who offer tiles of various textures, patterns and types at affordable prices. Take some time out and research online in order to get an approximate idea of the cost. And take a look at some of the reasons which justify the fact that it is a better option than other flooring options.
- Durability – Made out of a mixture of natural products like clay, sand, etc, tiles are generally durable. You can opt for any kind for walls, but when it comes to flooring, you need to be a little conscious. Floors generally have to handle a lot of foot traffic and a lot of daily wear and tear. If you go through some facts, you will find out that the life span of tiles is generally a lot more than others (like carpet, marble, hardwood, etc).
- Maintenance cost – Tiles are not only affordable but their maintenance cost is low as well. If you see a crack here and there, you can fix it yourself. Or else, make sure that the company you are choosing provides services like floor tile repairs in Melbourne as well.
- The range of choices – You will get a lot of options in terms of textures, patterns and colours if you choose tiles over others. Ceramic, porcelain, and natural stones are some of the most popular ones, which are used by people to deck up their house. You will get various kinds of textures and colour options if you choose a reputed company for purchasing and installing them.
- Strength – The strength of a tile depends on the number of times it has been fired. Tiles are generally sturdy and can withstand all kinds of pressure.
- Aesthetics – The aesthetical value of tiles is incomparable. They have the capability of adding a very classic and elegant look and suit all kinds of interior decors. Modern or traditional, Floor Tiling Melbourne can be installed in all kinds of houses.
- Cleaning procedure – Tiles generally don’t gather a lot of dust and dirt. Still, try and use your vacuum cleaner every once in a while so that bacteria does not accumulate in any corner of the house. If you notice any cracked or chipped tiles, then try and get it fixed at the earliest. If you spill ink, food or drink on the floors, a few wipes with a mixture of water and liquid detergent will help. But if the stain is too stubborn and refuses to go with just a few wipes, then use vinegar or baking soda on it.
- Weather resistant – Tiles can withstand all kinds of climatic conditions and thus, are appropriate for using in all rooms including the ones, which remain damp at most of the times (like kitchens and bathrooms), as well. No matter how extreme the weather is, tiles have the ability to withstand it.
- Health benefits – People suffering from breathing troubles, asthma, skin allergies or inflammations face severe reactions if they have to live in rooms with carpet or plywood floors. Tiles are the best option from this angle as well because they do not gather or harbour bacteria, odour, allergens, and emit VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Customised shape – If you think that tiles are available in a particular size and you have to fit them into a room somehow, then you are absolutely wrong. You can actually customise the length and breadth according to the requirements. And, that is why you need to choose a company that cuts and customises tiles.
So, now you know why tiles are a better option those other flooring ideas. Well, apart from all these, they are quite easy on the pocket as well. So, if you have been delaying in changing the interior because of the high-cost flooring options, you may not delay any further and contact a reputed company for the high quality of floor tiling in Melbourne.
Author Bio: Mia Parker is a lifestyle blogger and here she writes why floor tiling in Melbourne is the best option for houses in Australia. Contact a supplier who also provides services like floor tile repairs in Melbourne.Tags: Floor Tiling Melbourne